I am their river guide.
I want our clients to look at their projects as a journey along a river.
- There’s a starting point (embarkation) and an end (destination).
- There will be twists and turns along the way.
- The water may be running high or low.
- There may be calm waters but there may also be some rapids.
- There will be risks and issues to navigate (mitigate).
Our job is to guide them along this journey.
- We have been down many rivers.
- We have played many roles in those journeys.
- We know how to spot the best places to rest, and the best places to make camp.
- We know when we need to paddle, when to pole, and when to portage.
A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but thanks to its perseverence.Jim Watkins